We love this knitting kit. The owl motif gives you a chance to practice your fairisle skills an once you've finished it, the hat is warm and cosy, but lightweight and breathes well. The yarn is a mix of 75% alpaca yarn and 25% best quality sheep wool.
As with all Gorgeous alpaca DK kits, it's warm and cosy, but lightweight and breathes well. The alpaca yarn has a small amount of 100% natural sheep's wool blended in, which makes it easy to knit with, and still retains that wonderful alpaca softness.
This hat can be washed by hand or in a machine on a wool wash at 20 degrees.
Because it's alpaca yarn....
- you can wear it out in the rain, and still keep your head dry (proven by us frenquently!)
- it won't itch, even if it's warm and your indoors or the sun comes out - it just stays comfy
- It's super uber soft and comfy
- Dog walkers, gardeners, and horse riderslove it because they can crunch it up to nothing in their coat pocket (better without the pompom for this)
- 125g (25g per 100m) (75g of the main colour, and 50g for the motif) of Gorgeous DK yarn in the main colour, and made from 75% alpaca/25% sheep.
- 4.5mm needles and a darning needle (optional)
- faux fur pompom
You can choose the colour of the pompom during checkout.