This is a PERFECT beginner's knitting project because: you will be able to hone a quality technique: Firstly, you'll cast on, and then get started with just one stitch, Knit, to create the Garter Stitch pattern on one side of the cushion. On the second side of the cushion you will learn the next stitch, Purl, to create the Stocking Stitch pattern. Then we mix up the two stitches to create the Moss Stitch pattern, and include buttonholes. Finally, you'll cast off, and sew up with mattress stitch.
YOU WILL LEARN
Side 1: Casting on, and knit stitch
Side 2: Knit stitch, knit, purl, and moss stitch, buttonholes, and casting off
HOW YOU CAN LEARN
We have videos for all these stitches on our How To videos page
The finished size is 41cm x 41cm and includes, optionally a cushion pad made with European Duck Feather. If you have a smaller cushion pad, you can of course adjust the pattern to fit. Let us know, and we will even include the revised number of stitches you will need to cast on for your own pad.
* "baby alpaca" means the fleece used has a very fine micron and is therefore especially soft, not that we stole the fleece from a baby cria!
- 250gm Gorgeous Aran made from 50% baby alpaca /50% baby merino (supersoft)
- 5.5mm needles and a darning needle (optional)
- Four 5cm buttons
- European duck feather cushion 41cm x 41cm (optional)
- Available in undyed natural off-white