This is a straight forward hat, suitable for beginners: no ribbing, and only a simple decrease at the end, by which time you will be ready to learn a new technique, having mastered the main two knitting stitches, Knit and Purl.
Despite it's simplicity, it's also a really versatile hat: you can roll it up for a tight fit to the crown beanie-style, or roll it out for a long 2020 look!If you want it even longer, there is plenty of yarn left to keep going.It's very lightweight and very flexible so perfect for travelling.
As with all Gorgeous alpaca DK kits, it's warm and cosy, but lightweight and breathes well. The alpaca yarn has a small amount of 100% natural sheep's wool blended in, which makes it easy to knit with, and still retains that wonderful alpaca softness.
You can choose the colour of the pompom during checkout.
This hat can be washed by hand or in a machine on a wool wash at 20 degrees.
Because it's alpaca yarn....
- you can wear it out in the rain, and still keep your head dry (proven by us frenquently!)
- it won't itch, even if it's warm and your indoors or the sun comes out - it just stays comfy
- It's super uber soft and comfy
- Dog walkers, gardeners, and horse riderslove it because they can crunch it up to nothing in their coat pocket (better without the pompom for this)
- 100g (225m) Gorgeous DK yarn made from 75% alpaca/25% sheep's wool from our own and other UK herds
- 4.5mm needles and a darning needle (optional)
- faux fur pompom
- Available in a wide range of patters