This is a straight forward hat, suitable for beginners - no ribbing, and only a simple decrease at the top, by which time you will be ready to learn a new technique, having mastered the main two knitting stitches, Knit and Purl.
This style uses our beautifully soft alpaca/merino mix of yarn. Everyone loves how it is so soft, squishy and beautiful to knit with. Despite it's simplicity, it's also a really versatile hat: you can roll it up for a tight fit to the crown beanie-style, or roll it out for a long 2020 look!If you want it even longer, there is plenty of yarn left to keep going. It's very lightweight and very flexible so perfect for travelling.
This comes in the natural alpaca off-white. However, should you want a bright non-alpaca shade, like orange, pink or purple, it's ideal yarn for dying with vegetable dyes.
You can choose the colour of the pompom during checkout.
Because it's alpaca yarn....
- you can wear it out in the rain, and still keep your head dry (proven by us frenquently!)
- it won't itch, even if it's warm and your indoors or the sun comes out - it just stays comfy
- It's super uber soft and comfy
- Dog walkers, gardeners, and horse riders love it because they can crunch it up to nothing in their coat pocket (better without the pompom for this)
- 100g (175m per 100g) Gorgeous Aran yarn made from 50% baby alpaca/50% baby merino
- 5.5mm needles (optional), a darning needle
- a faux fur pompom